GoDaddy is a popular name among web hosting service providers and is known for providing amazing web hosting services. However, many users find it a bit costly that’s why they transfer their domains to the cheaper affordable option, Hostinger. So, in this guide, we will tell you about how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Hostinger. Here you will find the easiest steps to point a Godaddy domain to Hostinger. But before that, let’s know why Hostinger is considered better than GoDaddy.
Reasons To Shift Domain From GoDaddy To Hostinger
We have created a table showing a slight comparison between GoDaddy and Hostinger. By this, you will get some good reasons to transfer your domain to Hostinger.
|It does not provide an SSL certificate for all plans.||It provides an SSL certificate on all plans.|
|This hosting server charges an extra fee for backups||Hostinger comes up with weekly backups without any charges.|
|There is no free content delivery network.||The free content delivery network is there.|
|Charges higher prices than Hostinger.||Charges less price than GoDaddy.|
How Do I Transfer Domain From GoDaddy To Hostinger?
Transferring your GoDaddy web hosting and domain to Hostinger is quite easy and you just have to follow the steps listed below. But first of all, you should check up on few things that are needed before migrating from GoDaddy to Hostinger.
Examine Some Steps Before You Point GoDaddy Domain To Hostinger
Here are some points that show the requirements for domain transfer to Hostinger. Before moving the domain, these requirements should be fulfilled:
- The domain name must have your overall ownership and authority which you want to transfer.
- The domain name should be active for the last 60 days.
- There is no other domain name transfer in the past 60 days.
- You must have an EPP/Auth code that is provided by the domain registrar. You need to contact him about that.
Steps To Point a Domain From GoDaddy
To start domain name transfer, you have to follow the steps listed below:
- At first, log in to the Hostinger account. You can also sign in by using your Facebook or Google account.
- Tab on the Manage button.
- After that when you scroll down and you’ll find a Details option. Click on that option.
- At last, you have to copy nameserver 1 and nameserver 2 into your notepad
- First, sign in to the GoDaddy website either through username/password or you can do social login.
- After this go to Domains. Select the domain that you want to transfer.
- After scrolling down you will find a manage button where you have to click on the Manage DNS button.
- Now, scroll down to more, and there you will get the Nameservers option. Click on that option and tab on Change Button.
- At last, go to connect my website and click on Enter my own nameservers(advanced). Now, enter those copied nameservers to point the GoDaddy domain to Hostinger.
Easy Method Transfer Domain To Hostinger
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, go through the following steps to transfer the domain from GoDaddy to Hostinger:
- Go to your Hostinger account, click on the hosting button, and tab on the “New Website” option.
- Enter your domain name and password of the Hostinger account and click on Add button which is marked below.
- After this, you will receive a message on the right side showing “Website Created Successfully”
- Now it’s time to double-check your website. First, log in to your Hostinger account and click on the manage button to come up with a newly added website.
- When you click on the manage button “Hurray! Your domain is pointing” message will be displayed on your screen.
These are the simple steps that you need to follow to successfully transfer the domain from GoDaddy to Hostinger. These steps are really easy and you just need to have a basic web hosting knowledge to implement them.
Also Read: Why is Hostinger Good for WordPress?
FAQs – How To Transfer Domain From GoDaddy To Hostinger?
Does Hostinger offer Hostinger Domain Transfer Coupon?
Yes to reduce the domain migration cost Hostinger allows users to apply Hostinger Domain Transfer Coupon. You can apply for it and get leverage of discount on transfer domain to Hostinger.
How long does it take to transfer domain to Hostinger?
It usually takes up to 5 to 7 days to move a domain to Hostinger. However, in some scenarios, it might take more time than usual.
Will my website go down during domain transfer?
No, if the Domain Name System(DNS) is managed by the domain registrar then there will be no downtime in domain transfer.
Is there any additional fee to transfer the Domain name?
No, most of the domain extensions charge a regular transfer fee. However, there are no extra charges for domain transfer.